Friday, August 24, 2012

Coffee

To all the people who know I can't make coffee...to all of you who come to my house and say "errr, ummm, no I've just had coffee thank you", may I please present Exhibit 1:


I know, my skills know no bounds!
But seriously, I make notoriously bad coffee. And tea. Ask any builder. After a few days' thinking it's great they're having tea made for them, they start bringing a thermos.

Now, milky coffee many not be your thing, but that first coffee in the morning is a moment of joy to me.
It makes me a better, and certainly nicer, person.
Or so I'm told.

Peter makes the morning coffee and he is the Maestro. So, like the man who has no compelling reason to be good at cleaning, I have never seen the point in usurping his barista skills.
Except I do like a mid morning coffee and for years it has been hit and miss.
Until now.
The coffee Gods have decided it's too painful to watch any more and, suddenly, inexplicably, the coffee is rather good.
Even if I do say so myself.
Because no one else is willing to try.
Yet.

Anyway, little things and all that, but this achievement has made me very happy.
Enjoy your Friday and have a lovely weekend. Annie x.


Image my own, with pride.

2 comments:

  1. I make a mean cup of tea, but I really only drink coffee at cafes where I know they will do it justice! So I can relate to you, I'm always a bit nervous making coffee for visitors at home. One day I'll invest in a killer machine that can't go wrong. I laughed at your story about the builders - so funny :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you, Annie. When a person is as creative and talented as you are, they can't expect you to master ALL realms, right? Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete