Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What I've Been Doing and Bon Voyage

We are off on holiday tomorrow morning for 10 days.
Excited? Yes. Packed? No.
Not my forte unfortunately.
So, my recent erratic blogging has been down to the fact that I am now the New Zealand stockist for the fabulous Armadillo&Co range of rugs.


Armadillo&Co is an Australian company and, in their own words...

"Our Armadillo&Co rug collection is meticulously made by hand and is produced to the highest ethical standards.
Every piece embraces Fair Trade practices and is crafted from sustainable natural fibers including pure wool, jute, cotton and hemp. All purchases benefit local schools in our weavers' villages.
We aim for our rugs to lie lightly on this earth."


I am very excited to be representing Armadillo&Co.
The rugs are beautiful, have a lovely story and the people are fabulous.







So with the rugs, and the Quadrille range of fabrics, I have taken some space in an Auckland design showroom, Designmade, where I can display the two together.


It's not perfect, and the precarious hanging techniques utilised may not survive the 10 days I'm away, but it's there for now!






I am away for 10 days, returning on Monday 11 June. I wish you all a very happy week and a half and look forward to seeing what you've all been up to too. Annie x.


Images 1 - 7 via Armadillo&Co; 8 via I Love My Rug; all others my own.

12 comments:

  1. That's terrific news Annie. Congratulations on taking that extra step. It looks so colourful, all together. Hope you have the most delicious holiday - as relaxing or as stimulating as you please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Annie:
    What absolutely lovely rugs and textiles. And how pleased you must be to be representing a company such as Armadillo and Co.

    We wish you a really enjoyable and restful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've just seen this Annie - looks fantastic! As you know, I'd love to get some in the Cush & Nooks shop in the near future. I really like the pink & orange triangle rug, as well as my fav black & white stripe, and the flower rugs. Have a great trip, be in touch when you're back. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the gorgeous patterns from this Aussie company - just wish I had one in my house! Love your display Annie and have fun on your holiday xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rugs and fabrics, too, Annie. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting Annie...Armadillo & Co rugs are just gorgeous! Enjoy your time away! E & M xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Annie just wondering where those lovely pink and white geometric pillows are from and what design are they called.
    Do they happen to be Alan Campbell fabrics?
    Thank you so kindly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are another Quadrille Fabric, China Seas' Aga Reverse in Watermelon. The colour is so beautiful! The Alan Campbell fabric you may be referring to, which is very similar, is Saya Gata. Annie x.

      Delete
  8. Showroom looks great!

    Have a lovely vacation .....

    JWE xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie just wondering the bali 11 fabric at the back of your display is that in that in the coral or salmon colourway ?Thanks Toni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Toni, the Bali II is in Magenta. The depth of colour on that print is so beautiful. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous rugs! Loving the round ones. Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete