Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Huka Lodge

The New Zealand Masterchef episode last night had the final 6 contestants cooking at New Zealand's Huka Lodge last night. As the website states 'founded in the 1920s, Huka Lodge is considered to be the iconic New Zealand retreat.'



Huka Lodge is in Taupo, in the central North Island of NZ, on the banks of the Waikato River. I know this place is beautiful, but watching the judges taste each contestant's meal at a different setting, it really did showcase how special it really is.







I see that families with children are welcome at Huka Lodge but I don't think we'll be taking the Little Loveridges any time soon. One day though, I would LOVE to stay here...











Images from here.

3 comments:

  1. So glorious. I was lucky enough to stay there many years ago, and it was truly magical. Last year though, as we drove past it I think I sighed rather audibly, wishing that we could stay there again. A complete retreat from the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I am truly envious. I am plotting and planning a stay here. No children. No phone. No restraint! I love what you say about a 'complete retreat from the rest of the world'. That is very special.

      Delete
  2. We watched that episode, it's one of my girl's favourite programmes. Didn't it look amazing?! My parents have stayed there several times - lucky, lucky, lucky. If, and when, I go to Huka Lodge, I won't be taking my little noisy ones - would much prefer to just take the hubby! One day. xxx

    ReplyDelete