Monday, April 23, 2012

Quiet Monday

Apologies for the holiday hiatus. Good weather and children got in the way of my blog I'm sorry. Others managed it, but not me.
It has been a wonderful break; lots of days out discovering all that Auckland has to offer when it's not raining. I do not need to go to the Wave Pool for a very long time however, and my ears are still adjusting to the lack of high pitched sounds. 

So for something design worthy, here's one of my all time favourite rooms by Sydney designer Marco Meneguzzi...


Okay, to be fair, that view is a good foundation to designing any room, but then that's where I think the design here is so clever.
Simple yet luxurious and so elegant.
I love a bedroom that offers a sense of calm and solace; I think that Marco's design in this field is absolutely beautiful.




Yes, I am enjoying the calm of home today. I hope you have a serene day too! Annie x.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely serene images for the first day back at school. I had a little bit of running around to do today, but definitely moments of absolute quiet, which was bliss! I love the chaise in the first photo - would be hard to get up from that spot, I imagine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Annie:
    Just sometimes it is really good to have time aware from the Blogosphere, if for no other reason than to prove that there is a reality!!

    And what a splendid situation for an apartment - those views are wonderful and, like you, we think that the interior design is classically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie - I left a comment here this afternoon, but it vanished when I hit "publish". It was along the lines of...the break obviously did you good, because these images are truly calm. Who knows what blogger is up to sometimes? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments. After juggling children and working on some new business over the last two weeks, and feeling that both were done by the seat of my pants, your kind words have really brought a smile to my face. Thank you. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete