Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bedside Cubes

I'm on the home straight of getting this house finished. It's actually starting to look quite nice, now it's tidy.
I've had the girls' bedside cubes recovered and the lovely warm Easter we had was perfect for some fabric spraying. I avoid chemicals where I can but I do use fabric spray on 'at risk' items - that's anything near my children and the husband


Arabella has the China Seas Bangalore New Blue New Shrimp and Lily the China Seas Aga Reverse in Taxicab...she desperately wanted bright yellow and she has it here in spades!


I've had glass tops cut to size to both protect the fabric and provide an even surface for the plethora of 'stuff' that will be loaded on top of them. I like things to look nice but I want them to be functional and not to worry about damage. You could throw anything at that fabric now and it will bounce off...onto the carpet.
Mmmmm, life with children.
There will be accidents...probably quite soon in the case of our second child.


Images my own.

7 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous!
    I love the bright and bold fabrics.
    It reminds me it's time to do something with mine. They just look soooo boring......
    ............................................
    Have a great day!
    Tania @ Scandi Coast Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Annie:
    We really do like the fabrics which you [and/or the girls] have chosen for these cubes, and in particular the yellow. Using them as bedside tables, with the addition of glass tops, seems to us a highly original, very decorative and totally practical idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute - love the yellow. Great idea to put glass on them too! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look brilliant, and a good idea to put a glass top on. You can imagine what I have to put up with... three girls, two cats, a large dog, and a husband! I'm desperate to recover our large ottoman in the sitting room, it has definitely seen better days. Lily is a girl after my own heart, a fellow lover of yellow. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! Wonderful as another stool or table in the living area. Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a colourful and delightful bedside table they make. Very clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful! love the idea of glass on them too. Happy new week

    ReplyDelete