Friday, February 24, 2012

White Out

No, not the weather fortunately! Today Auckland is sunny and warm and all is right with the world again. We are having the exterior of our house painted and there's only so many eaves that can be painted in humidity and rain.


Nope, that's not my house. Ours is currently B-R-O-W-N. There's really no other (polite) word for it, although a lovely friend called it "coffee". Think instant, not flat white.
It's brown.

So I typed 'Herne Bay' into the www.realestate.co.nz site and virtually every house currently for sale is some shade of white. So, yes, as I know this is not 'the forever house', we're going Herne Bay White too.







A local resident pushing the envelope of acceptable shades of white.

And I've called in the garden man for a Herne Bay 'green on green' garden too! 

Pete and I are off to Wellington to attend a wedding of an old uni friend. We've been told "it will be like all those 21st's we went to, only more sophisticated". Well, yes...

I hope you all have a lovely, happy weekend. Annie x.


All images via realestate.co.nz.

5 comments:

  1. Goodness I hope more sophisticated! I think my friends and I thought we were terribly sophisticated... nope just intoxicated.

    Enjoy and thanks for the house list. All I'd like is a white villa in Herne Bay. Half the price of a darn box in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious. White, white, white it is! Hope you have a brilliantly lovely time on your sophisticated weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! So divine! Have a fabulous weekend ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dream of a white house Annie! These are stunning!
    Enjoy the wedding :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. White may be used everywhere but it does honestly, always look gorgeous! Beautiful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete