Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celerie Kemble

I picked up a copy of Celerie Kemble's first (2009) book, To Your Taste, from the library a few weeks back.


Let's all be reminded that Celerie Kemble is responsible for this beautiful work:


Now to be quite honest, whilst there are some beautifully designed rooms and great ideas, not all the decor in this book is my thing. Not to say I didn't like some of it, a lot...




What surprised me about the book though is how beautifully written it is. It's so friendly, it's like chatting with a friend. Quite a posh and clever friend, but for such a 'high end' designer, Celerie's advice and prose is very down to earth.

I'm working on several quite different schemes at the moment and I have found this book somehow soothing. Somehow, Celerie's advice puts the dithering into perspective.
It's design, not rocket science stupid.

She released a second book late last year, Black and White (And A Bit In Between).


To Your Taste is a keeper for me and I'm willing to bet that Black & White will be the same.

Both are available at The Book Depository and that's where I'm going now. A x.



Images 1, 2 & 6 from here; 3 - 5 from here.

5 comments:

  1. I really love her style too. Her latest book has been on my (very long) list of must have books for awhile. I'm a complete book depository addict! It's too good!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious now, to know which ones you didn't like! (I am not familiar with her book so I cannot guess.) Love the image on the cover of the second book. Now that is dramatic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I'm loving the butterfly artwork! Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in love with that butterflies painting. great designing projects!

    ReplyDelete