Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some Calm...

...amidst the pre Christmas craziness, Ivy and Piper's December 2011/ January 2012 (argh) Issue is here and what a picture of calm the cover is.


How pretty is that?

I am having blinds fitted in our bedroom, the guest room and play room today. I have discovered in the last few days that whilst blinds are a fabulous way to display fabric and infuse colour into a room, they are also very good for keeping out the morning sunrise. We have had a quilt hanging on our window since last Tuesday and I think the neighbours are wondering who the new riff raff is!

Boxes are being emptied and a sense of calm being restored to our family. We had 15 people over for lunch on Sunday and this house worked really well for entertaining. It has very good Kiwi "indoor/outdoor flow"!

I am off to look at what lies beyond that beautiful cover. Melanie and Elizabeth just keep surprising with their beautiful mix of fabulous design and down to earth, real approach. Their magazine always feels very 'kind' and puts a smile on my face. Thank you both x.


Image from here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Annie:
    Clearly you are getting everything well organised and in order as 15 people for lunch would indicate. We are so pleased to know that all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both. I figured there was no need to apologise for the (usual) mess. My husband is the master pizza maker and I pour a very good wine! Nothing fancy and keep the drinks flowing! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had calico hanging over our windows so long before our blinds were fitted that a random neighbor up the street came and offered us some secondhand curtains. Mercy. I haven't had a chance to look at the latest offering from Ivy & Piper, if I get a moment of still in this Christmas craziness I shall definitely have a read. Hope all your Christmas plans are running smoothly :)

    Nicolex

    PS I've nominated you for a blog award over at First House. To some they are probably a bit of froth but I don't like to be the haughty sort of blogger who deems herself too important for such things, a compliment is a compliment so now I'm passing one on to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A compliment is the nicest thing and it's taken me 30 odd (ha ha) years to realise they're much nicer accepted with grace! You are never a haughty blogger - you is kind, you is well informed on the fashion front and you is very very funny. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete