Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Renovation - Skylights & Floorboards

I am hiding behind the monitor, in denial of the packing team about to knock at our door. Argh!
I meant to get some pics of the skylights on Friday but was distracted by a disaster of the decorating kind...not so much a disaster in world terms then, but more an issue.
More on that later...
So here is the living room, with light... 



It's hard to convey via photos the difference in light flooding this area compared to before - with the pine ceiling and lack of windows - but it feels like a different space.


I haven't got a finished photo of the kitchen skylight, but here's the kitchen before...


and with skylight installed, just!


Mmmm, this would be a good time to mention that all those nasty light fittings will be dealt to with later.

Lily's room is small, so I've tried to add some height at least with a skylight with an automated blind. She will have hours of fun playing with that! This was one sad little room before and took a lot of 'selling in'. 


It's all looking rather bare with all that white paint, but there's some beautiful blinds on their way.



See that carpet? Truly awful, I know! That's what threw me on Friday and is being 'rectified' as I write. I'll share the whole sad story when I have some prettier pics to prove I have some taste!

Bruce the floor man has done the most amazing job on the floors. Again, photos don't do his work justice, but the difference is fantastic.



Hard to believe we'll be in there tomorrow - especially when I look around where the bomb must have exploded here!

I hope you all have a very Happy Monday. Annie x.


All images my own.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of all that gorgeous natural light Annie! The skylights look great :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete