Friday, November 11, 2011

A Happy Busy Week

This week has been a whirlwind of telephone calls and meetings. Painters, Velux windows, carpet, electricians, wardrobe fitters...the list goes on.


What started out as 'a few little jobs before we move in' has escalated, somewhat...


Yes, quite right...some perspective is needed.

We have renovated a lot of homes as we have moved around but I haven't done a big renovation for a few years. Now I have the bit between my teeth, I'm off...


Next week sees meetings with my blind and curtain maker. Some decisions will need to be made somewhere between now and Tuesday morning...


And as I'm quite certain the husband never reads this far down any of my blog posts, I can tell you that I've just made an appointment to meet with a local architect regarding a little extension and most definitely possibly a swimming pool.


Thank you to Virginia over at Glamour Drops for this pic (below), which, whilst too grand for this house, I just love. Next house maybe...


The pic below is of an extension on a Herne Bay house, and quite honestly, they all look much the same, so it's a good reference!


We took possession of the house last Saturday and I would have to say that now it's empty, it looks very sad.
It reminds me that a house is just that - a structure - but we have the opportunity to make any structure our home.



This 'structure' looks so forlorn, I'm not even prepared to post any before photos before I have some 'after' shots nearing completion! 

I have spent this very sunny hot day being an official timekeeper at my daughter's school athletics day.
It suited my current officious mood well.
It must be gin o'clock somewhere soon.

I have returned home to find this delivered to my inbox. Happy days.

Lonny Magazine Nov/Dec 2011 Issue

Thank you for all your lovely comments this week.
When things get busy, kind words mean so much.

I hope you all have a very happy weekend. Annie x.


Image 1 via here; Buckingham Palace from here; diary from here; 4 from here; 5 - 7 from here; 8 from here.

7 comments:

  1. Annie, you are just like me! I always get a quote first and try to talk to my hubby later. He gets scared whenever I ask him to talk... he just yells... "what did you do this time!"
    Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy weekend to you too Annie. Good luck with your blinds/curtains decisions over the weekend and how exciting, a pool! So looking forward to seeing some before & after shots once you get going. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annie:
    Do not wear yourself out!! But how exciting all of this sounds, swimming pool included, and we shall much look forward to seeing some pictures of the new house when you are ready.

    Jó hétvégét.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I'm pretty sure the pool would look so wonderful just like the photos here. Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your progress - how exciting. Had to laugh about your husband comment - I don't think mine reads my blog at all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie - I'm new to your blog and so happy I found it. Looking forward to reading all about your new house and the snuck-past-the-husband pool.

    (-: Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you'll have this one all sorted before Christmas no doubt! I am looking forward to seeing the adventure through your postings, though. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete