Monday, November 14, 2011

First Bloom

Very brief today I'm sorry, but I had to share with you this very pretty first magnolia bloom of the season.


This poor tree sits in our front garden and is the tree of choice for climbing.
The girls had a friend over this afternoon and I found all of them up the tree, escaping spiders apparently.

It has a hard life but still kindly produces these beautiful flowers, even if for only a day at a time.


I hope you all had a lovely weekend and a very happy Monday. Annie x.


Images my own.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Annie:
    Magnolias are such aristocratic trees and it is rather a pity that yours has to be climbed, even if for as good a reason as escaping from spiders!!

    We do particularly like those which carry white flowers although they always look so dreadful as they go over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the flowers. They are so beautiful when they first flower but they only last a day and then looked like they've been in a brawl! I love the leaves in vases too - lasts for weeks which suits the lazy me! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours have just popped a couple of buds too. I love magnolia leaves but our trees are quite small so I still have to go to florist to buy them (-:

    ReplyDelete