Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Escape To The Country

In one week today, we will have a crew of packers packing up our 'stuff'. I am now in scary moving mode, but that hasn't stopped me seeking out the next move!


We often talk about moving to the country but the fear of actually doing it has stopped us, so far.
We have the girls' schooling to consider. They are happy where they are and I love that they can walk to school. I want to avoid the 7.30am bus as long as I can.
Once they're older will they be bored stuck in the country?
There are so many opportunities for children in a city but we also love the idea of them not being so exposed to living in a privileged, pristine world.
I just don't know.

I do know I could happily sit here...



There's something about the seclusion and homeliness of this large country home that really appeals to me.


There are 6 bedrooms and large living spaces. All there ready for a little colour.



I think I would love waking up to that view...but would I miss living so close to the water, good schools, friends, dare I say, shops?



It would mean a big change for us as Peter currently works in Corporate Land and there's not a lot of that in these parts. It would require a major lifestyle change for us all.
I guess we'll keep pondering, but in the meantime, big family homes like this just seem to speak to me.

Sorry I'm a little errant this week. I have one last week to get 'pre move' work completed on the house. I've even managed to slot in a nasty gas fire removal on Wednesday - yee ha!

I hope you're all having a lovely week. Annie x.


All images from here.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the packing Annie! Moving to a nice house in the country is such a romantic idea and these pictures make it even more so! Hope you're having a great week :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's an interesting thought process to be having just before you move to the new place. But it sounds like a charming idea, though, just the same. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie,
    Best of luck on you new place its very nice..

    Rhaiza

    ReplyDelete