Friday, October 21, 2011

Inspired

...by the vibrant mix of prints in this bedroom in the November issue of Homes & Gardens (UK).


There is a lot going on but I love it!

Whilst I'm not a fan of red walls - too much time spent in Farrow & Ball Dining Room Red rooms I think - I do love it here.

I also love the duvet cover with the pom pom fringe - the colours are perfect and I've found it on the Heal's website.


I also found this Missoni bedlinen while I was 'browsing'...


There seemed to be a sale going on okay...

I've bought these for Arabella's new bedroom when we move in December. I know it seems fickle playing around with one's children's bedroom schemes - somewhat precious even - but here's why it means a lot to me...

Our current home is large but with an unusual layout. It is spread out over 3 levels and the girls' bedrooms connect to the back garden on the bottom level. There is a large 'U' shaped room and the two 'bedrooms' are placed in the two tips of the U...following? They do have their own bedroom spaces, just no doors! The base of the U is a playroom/set of The Lion King.

I tried to take photos but it's school holidays and honestly, it looks like a crime scene at Toys R Us.

So whilst the new house is smaller than this one, it has a better layout for us right now. There are 4 bedrooms plus a study and a separate play room. Happy Days.

As much as we know that the girls will need their own doors soon, they love their space and are upset about leaving it behind. So, to assuage my guilt I'm putting together schemes to make their new bedrooms fun, functional and nice to look at.

I know once we get in there they will love having their own, proper bedrooms. They both have very different tastes so this is a chance for them to get what they want. Arabella wants quite a grown up scheme, using the reds and blues she already has. Change is not her favourite thing!

Then there's the second child, Lily. She wants pink and yellow and boy, can that 7 year old shoot a look if the wrong hue is presented to her! I'm kinda proud...

So, for me it's the last day of the school holidays and there's a long weekend coming up. Oh, and a game of rugby. The final that is. All Blacks vs France. Go the mighty ABs!!!

Wherever you are, have a very Happy Weekend x.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Annie:
    What fun all of this sounds and we are sure that both you and your daughters will have great pleasure deciding on colours and soft furnishings for their new bedrooms.

    The red walls are splendid but, like you, we too feel that perhaps we have indeed all been in too many Farrow and Ball red dining rooms. Time for something different!

    Jó hétvégét!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annie I'd be proud too if any daughter of mine had strong opinions about colour! That room is gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pop of red! I just discovered your gorgeous blog through one of my favourite blogs 'Gild & Grace'. I have just tried to sign up as your latest follower but it's not showing! I look forward to popping by for some more inspiration!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete