Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Holidays

I am absolutely loving these school holidays and the break from the usual routine. We spent last week down in Wellington and had a lovely time just relaxing.  The pear tree at my mother's house is in full blossom and it's fabulous.


We visited The Begonia House, which is where Pete and I had our wedding reception, a very long time ago...

The girls loved throwing coins into the fountain...


...while I enjoyed the colours, shapes and textures.




We all loved this hanging monstrosity - the Staghorn Fern.


Why the name? Well, look up...


I have always loved water lilies - they are just so serene.



The girls just wanted to find fish.


We always visit the wonderful Te Papa (Our Place) Museum, and how happy was I to discover the Webb Ellis Cup (the Rugby World Cup) on display? Delirious.


So back in Auckland and Pete tells me the girls are invited to meet the All Blacks before he scarpers off to the semi finals. Here's my little All Black supporters with Ali Williams...


Yes, Lily does have her hair band over her All Black beanie! Boys and footwear huh?


Anyone else noticed that the 'and partner' tickets seem to morph into single tickets beyond the pool rounds?

Happy holidays. Annie x.


All images my own.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful images Annie! What a stunning sight that pear tree is. And the garden looks so very lush! A gorgeous spot for a wedding reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look like a lovely holiday Annie :)

    Abbey c

    ReplyDelete