Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Montecito by Alan Campbell


There have been several new fabrics released recently at Quadrille. Montecito is one by Alan Campbell that I eyed up straight away as being 'interesting'. I thought it looked like 'fun', but would it be sophisticated enough?


I think Emily Ruddo of Armonia Decors has answered this for me. I love the use of it above, in an otherwise neutral scheme, playing up the geometric of the cushion against the block colour of that fabulous throw. I am a huge fan of orange and blue, and here it is with a twist.

I am also a fan of a simple bolster on a bed. The home stagers' look of 10 cushions on a bed sends me into a rage. Where do you put them each night - on the floor, grrrr, and I really don't see myself arranging cushions 2/3 of the way down the bed each morning.

Okay, rant over, isn't this lovely?


Zen restored. As you were x.


All images via Quadrille website.

1 comment: