Thursday, September 8, 2011

In the Post Today...

It's always good when there's something more exciting in the post than the latest power bill, and even more so when it's this:


Homes & Gardens (UK) October 2011 issue. Such a pretty cover.

When you subscribe to a magazine, there's a real anticipation to seeing what's inside that's different to picking it up in a shop. It's such a let down when you open the copy to find it's a little ho hum. I've given up on Kitchens Bedrooms & Bathrooms (UK) for this reason after subscribing for about 10 years - too many new builds and property developments for me.

I've flicked through the October H&G and it is just as lovely as the cover. Have a peek...


I do love the fact that the colour of the Chinese barrel seats, below, is "Moon White"!


Love the table by Porta Romana (love almost anything by Porta Romana...), and the ceramic butterfly ball chandelier by Diffuse Lighting.





And most likely because of the yellow, but also the fabulous mismatch of cushions, I think this is one happy shot.



What a difference wallpaper can make. Wouldn't it be so different painted white? Whilst this one isn't for me, it does make a point!


My brother, sister in law and beautiful niece Abbie flew back to London on Tuesday, and before they left they gave us the most beautiful bunch of flowers.


They are sitting on my desk; too much of a pig sty currently to photograph in situ! A beautiful bunch of white orchids, pink and white freesias, pink tulips and white roses. All my favourites. The scent of the freesias is so lovely. Aren't flowers such a fabulous gift?




All images my own.

2 comments:

  1. Adore the scent of freesias! My mother and I carefully planted over a hundred bulbs in my front garden, but when they raised their little heads a few months ago, my husband proudly came in to tell me he had sprayed all the pesky weeds in the bed! Oh, horror! Some of them are tough though and have survived, so I can sparingly pick a few.

    The magazine looks good - lots of variety - and I love the garden shot and that yellow armchair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, husbands...I have a similar one! He decided a while ago to tackle the mess in our back garden but came in after 1/2 an hour saying he'd cut back 'that creeper thing on the fence'. Mmmmm, the Chinese star jasmine and its beautiful scent as you come up the steps. No beer and no cigar.

    Great some of your freesias have survived. They remind me of spring when I was little and we had the school flower show. Have a lovely weekend in your garden Virginia. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete