Thursday, September 1, 2011

Estate Sale Treasure - Part II

I have received this back from the upholsterer and I am one happy fabric admirer...


I bought it a little while ago off Trade Me (NZ's eBay) and it looked like this...


...was inspired by this chair in the NY apartment of James Andrew...


So ordered this, Kazak in New Navy/Denim linen cotton. The Quadrille website only shows this colourway in silk, but the silk colours are also printed on a linen cotton and a viscose cotton ground. This fabric is so beautiful and also comes in a fabulous vibrant orange and pink mix.


I had the wooden arms and legs restored - it has come out a little darker than I would have liked but it's growing on me. The upholstery work is fabulous and it is very, very comfortable.


Sorry for the tosh photos - I was trying to cut out the wardrobes and power points to either side...professional photographer I am not!

Happy first day of spring down under - yippee!


Images 1, 4 & 5 my own; 2 via vendor; 3 via NYSD.


2 comments:

  1. Annie this was an inspired choice of fabric for that chair. It could not be a bigger transformation. From oh dear to oh wow! And in blue, too, beautiful blue...best colour in the world!
    Virginia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic make over! I fell in love with that fabric as soon as i saw the images of James Andrew's apartment! I should go and get some of that fabric too, well done Annie x

    ReplyDelete