Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Treadmill News

Not quite a proper post I'm sorry - school holidays and suddenly it's 5.00pm - but I had to report on a very non design issue I was glued to at the gym this morning...the Murdochs' appearance at the Select Committee into the phone hacking scandal. The scale of this issue is incredible.


I thought Rebekah Brooks (aka Rebekah Wade - she who was married to Grant Mitchell from Eastenders!), appeared quite contrite but who can honestly tell what's real and what's not in this investigation, which is only going to get murkier.  

The pinnacle of the hearing was, in my opinion, the pie throwing incident. Not to be condoned of course, but even The Guardian newspaper reports this in its transcript:

4.54pm: Someone has just tried to attack Rupert Murdoch. His wife Wendi seemed to slap the person. 


You couldn't script this remarkable tale any better could you?


Images via The Guardian.

2 comments:

  1. I have been quite fascinated watching this whole thing unravel before us, it's quite the saga isn't it. And my, doesn't that Wendi Murdoch have quite b***h slap on her! She certainly seemed to give the pie thrower a good smack across the head. You couldn't buy this sort of publicity could you.

    Nicolex

    PS And yet again, thanks for making the effort to leave some words of encouragement on my Tuesday Torture post. I fear they may be getting quite tedious for readers but I've started something for myself and as you know, our blogs are really our journals so I persist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was sitting there so demure and then...whack...she was quite amazing! I felt like I shouldn't be so engaged in this story, but I had half and hour to kill and it was that, or the world imploding in another debt crisis. The Deng slap was definitely more interesting!

    ReplyDelete