Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Look What Arrived In The Post Today...

Yes, I may be the last person on earth to order their own copy of Kelly Wearstler's Hue!


It's one of those obvious classics that I keep meaning to buy, but never have. Someone at our local library must share my interests, as the design section is fantastic, and I tend to source a lot from there. I found Jonathan Adler's 'My Prescription For Anti-Depressive Living' there last week.

I finally decided to deal to the 'must have' list that was going yellow around the edges, so visited the Book Depository.  Being in NZ where the purchase of books means calling the bank first to extend the mortgage, (that and groceries, but don't get me started...), Book Depository is a Godsend. GBP 26.96 (approx. NZD 50.00) and free worldwide postage, whereas the NZ RRP is NZD 105.00. That'll teach us for sitting at the bottom of the world, huh?

Now, as most of you know, there's some gorgeous pics in this book and I do love the thumbnails at the back, but I've got to say, Kelly, I am very glad I'm not on your kids' birthday party circuit!



Dare I say, my cupcakes cannot compete. Annie x.

All images my own (scanned from Hue). Ooooh, how I dislike the scanner...

1 comment:

  1. I don't have my own copy yet and must order one, don't you just love the book depository! Nicolex

    ReplyDelete