Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspired


How I could just stare at this lovely room for hours! Sorry to all those who may be Domino-ed out by this image of Sara Ruffin Costello's living room, but I discovered it again recently when choosing paint colours for the interior of our home.

I love the colours and am using this room as inspiration for our guest room. It is a loose interpretation and I am still waiting for the yellow fabric to arrive to upholster some chairs, so I'm a wee way off completion. Sooooo, in the meantime I stare at this pic and haven't tired of it yet.

In sourcing these pics, I found a guest post by Anne Harwell of Annechovie on the We Love Domino site. I love Anne's work a very lot! Look at her painting of the Costello living room:



Gorgeous or what?!

On a side note, the painting continues at The Ivy House (aka chez Loveridge). The interior was completed while we were away - how good is that!!! - and now the trim on our brick house is being dealt to. There are two men scraping old ivy vines off the woodwork prior to painting...one currently outside the downstairs loo, one outside the upstairs loo. We only have 2 bathrooms....

I'm off out x.


Images via We Love Domino.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love this room and I for one am definitely not Domino-ed out by it! It's just perfect isn't it. Such a great mix of colours, textures, furniture, art...perfect. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palest of pale blues on the walls & ceiling (!) is my all-time favourite colour. So dreamy and summery.

    ReplyDelete