Monday, June 20, 2011

A Dusty Discovery

I spent the weekend trying to get some semblance of order into our home after the interior being painted while we were away. Paintings stacked against walls, piles of books and a dining table straining under....stuff!


In dusting down some of those piles of books, I came across New American Style, a book I bought when I was living in Greenville, South Carolina. There was a Barnes and Noble down Haywood that was kind enough to provide comfortable chairs and coffee and I recall spending a lot of time there. I must have actually bought something!

I have had this book for 12 years now and it struck me how much I still love the room on the cover. It is in a Miami Beach apartment, designed by Juan Montoya. To be honest, there's not a lot in this book I really love and I'm sure I bought it just for that apartment alone!

All these years later, and I love this pic as much as ever. That feels pretty good!


Image via mode...information.

2 comments:

  1. Considering that yellow certainly seems to be the hottest colour on the planet right now, mixed with greys and animal anything, this room was sure ahead of its time! Having said that, I always love yellow anything, for it is forever a happy sunshine colour that lifts a space, so am rather keen on those charming chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a book you've forgotten about is always a bit of a treasure isn't it, bit like finding a old record with only one great song it. Totally worth it :) Nicolex

    ReplyDelete