Friday, May 27, 2011

The Most Beautiful Things on Earth

Bill Blass Silk 1 shouldered evening dress USD 750

Busy, busy day today...so much that needs to be done...so I find myself escaping and avoiding it all researching the world of 1stdibs instead. It could also be called 'Time Vacuum', because that's what happens. You see one thing on the page you like, and next thing you know an hour has passed.

Gianni Versace 'cut out' gown USD 2,400

Pourquoi 'cut out' gown you ask...Liz Hurley anyone???


Christian Dior 1950's Ice Blue Gown USD 2,400

I then stumbled across a feature on New Zealander in New York, designer Sandra Nunnerly and her 1stdibs shopping picks. Would you like to go shopping with this woman?! Pick me, pick me...

Rare Gio Ponti Sofa from the Hotel Bristol, Merona, Italy, 1953

I think this sofa is GORGEOUS! It's somewhat out of my league at $26,000...USDs that is, although USD/NZD...still out of my league! Here's another look because I love it:


Poul HENNINGSEN Double Ringkrone Lamp

French Vintage Cocktail Table in the Spirit of Jean Prouve

Sunburst Mirror By Scharillo For Albert Hadley

And the one reason I actually started looking was this little lamp that I saw at the top of the page:

Orange honeycomb ceramic lamp

So be warned, time will disappear. If you want to receive the weekly Saturday Shopping email, and The Most Beautiful Things on Earth updates, sign up here.

The rain has finally stopped here, it's getting dark and it's Friday evening. It must be gin o'clock! Happy Weekend x.

All images via 1stdibs.

1 comment:

  1. Love the segue between the draping clothes and the curvy sofa!

    Here's to procrastination! All creative types suffer it. Let's rejoice it instead!

    ReplyDelete