Monday, May 9, 2011

Just Because...

...it's Monday. Isn't this just the prettiest way to start a new week?



I just love the colours and bold use of pattern in this room. For me, the punch of yellow clinches it...particularly the pineapple cushion. Delicious! What a smashing room for any girl; beautiful without being too young or girly.

Anyway, I stumbled across this room by the amazing Amanda Nisbet when I was looking for a smaller scale option to the China Seas Sigourney I wrote about recently. The fabric on the curtains is China Seas' Wildflowers II, and will fit the bill for the cushions I need, perfectly, and they'll now be getting a yellow piping. Definitely!

Amanda has used the design again in this indoor/outdoor verandah in brown with beautiful lavender accents - I am loving that ceiling!





I love stumbling across images like these and being inspired. I am in the midst of setting up a more retail focused business and finding it tough - tough to get through the dross of the paperwork required and tough balancing home and work life - but then I see what's possible and I remember why I want to do this.

Thank you all for your lovely comments and fabulous blogs that continue to bring a smile to my face and inspire me x.


Images all via Amanda Nisbet Design.

2 comments:

  1. hi! i love so many of the quadrille fabrics also! sensational colours! lovT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina - they are fun aren't they? So many beautiful things...not enough rooms in the house! A x.

    ReplyDelete