Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mad About Saffron

London apartment of Christine d'Ornano (of Sisley cosmetics)

This was the title of Rita Konig's latest article for the Wall Street Journal and look what she has to say :

"This just in: Yellow is the new red! Where designers once declared no room complete without a stroke of crimson, now it's a flash of yellow that's required, from the most acidic to the yolkiest tone."

I knew I like this woman!  I have just placed my order to have Alan Campbell's Meloire Reverse in Inca Gold to be printed on Suncloth for our slipper sofa


after being inspired by this.

Sofa at Cecconi's Restaurant, Soho Beach House

Have a look at the full article here - as ever, Rita has written a piece about design that is simply a joy to read. Not pretentious, just pleasant.

I loved following her articles in the NY Times, t-magazine, and was disappointed when she stopped writing. She seems to have reappeared as writer in the Wall Street Journal Real Estate section, on the first Saturday of each month. I'll be looking out for the next one...and will most likely be sharing with you!


Image 1 via Rita's Mad About Saffron, WSJ, image 2 my own, image 3 Heather Clawson Habitually Chic.

1 comment: