Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vogue Paris

I saw on the Fashionista site over the weekend that the new editor of Vogue Paris magazine, Emmanuelle Alt, has just launched her first issue.  And here it is:


Gisele Bundchen in a white Dolce and Gabbana dress.  Nice, I thought, until I read the fuss about the same dress appearing on current issues of Vogue Spain and Germany.  Quelle horreur!


One can only imagine the turmoil in fashion world (I believe everything I saw on The Devil Wears Prada)!

Fashion types have been speculating about what Emmanuelle Alt will do with French Vogue, as she has stated she wants to make the magazine more 'French-centric'.

Alt sports a more relaxed style than her peers, yet looks so, I dunno....French:








Isn't she gorgeous?  I found an article on Canadian news site, thestar.com, which I thought summed up her style well:

'Her wardrobe is singular in focus.  She rarely strays from a uniform of skinny pants, T-shirts, black heels and a leather jacket, slim-fitted coat or blazer...

In a recent interview, the mother of two said she never exercises, doesn’t smoke, drink, wear makeup except for eyeliner or go to a hair salon.

Don’t hate her.  Just copy her nonchalant style for some Alt attitude.'

I am feeling the sophistication, but suspects she doesn't eat too much either!




Images: 1 & 2 via Fashionista; 3 & 4 via Style101:Magazine; 5 via Heta Bhuta; 6 via No Good For Me.com; 7, 8 & 9 via Vogue Paris; 10 via Style Bible - Rajo's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment