Monday, March 28, 2011

That's It!


You know when you've been looking for that perfect fabric, and nothing's quite right?  Then one day you stumble across something and you realise that you've struck gold...Alan Campbell's Meloire Reverse in Inca Gold, in this case.  Don't you just love it?

'It' is the yellow that's gotta go on the sofa in our living room:


I have looked at several yellow/gold designs.  None of them have hit the spot like this.  I found these pics on Heather Clawson's blog, Habitually Chic, here.

Heather took them when she was at the Soho Beach House in Miami, the Martin Brudnizki (bow now please) designed hotel I wrote about recently.

The cushions are in Jungle Green Java Java by China Seas, also at Quadrille (and Annie Loveridge Interiors, might I add).

I plan to use Suncloth ground (acrylic fabric) to have the design printed on, to stand up to a dog, two kids and a husband anyone else who might think that tomato ketchup and soft furnishings go together.  I want this sofa to look good but it has to be functional and usable too.  I don't want to be fussing every time the husband the kids eat on it, which is just reality right? It is a 'living' room, not a parlour!

Am too excited...I'll leave you with these pics, because I love them!



There it is...right at the back!

PS - We survived the birthday party.  14 8 year olds and torrential rain! Actually, Pete was the star, rallying the kids.  I hid worked diligently in the kitchen.  The girls turned the living area into a restaurant, decorated their own t-shirts and made pizza to serve to their parents when they came over for a drink at the end.  Pizza with pesto, pineapple, rosemary and salami anyone?



Images via Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment