Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Once a Serial Renovator, always a Serial Renovator, Right?

Now, we are not looking to move but I still can't help myself when I see a "little gem" that catches my eye.  And so it was that on Saturday I dragged Pete and the girls through an open home at this lovely house just two minutes' walk from our current home:




Isn't it sweet?  It has fabulous high ceilings, 4 bedrooms, potential for a second level with fab views of the marina, a great location and parking for 3 cars (unusual in St Mary's Bay).  A perfect little project.....but....and this has NEVER happened before.....when I looked at those high ceilings all I could see was the work that needed doing!  Usually, the grottier the better but for the first time I just felt like I couldn't really face it!  Am I getting old??? Arrrrgh.  It was more than a "slap up some white paint and live with it until you're ready to do the work".  This was a big job.  A few years ago I would have grabbed this one, but this time all I could think of is how much I love my home (and a separate walk in shower)!

So just to name drop big time, as we were approaching the house, who walks past but Rachel Hunter!  I would have taken a photo but I was too busy being way too cool and collected for that carry on.....drats, would so have like to have a photo to post!!!  Pete swears she gave him the eye - ha ha ha?!

The girls are pleased they will not be moving again.  Arabella did eye up the estate agent's flash BMW on the way out though and asked "if we buy the house, do we get to keep the car?".  Now there's a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment