Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome 2011 - The Year of the (Bunny) Rabbit



According to my 7 year old, it is the year of the bunny rabbit and this little chap "chappette" (she was a he for the first 6 years of her life) is the most precious rabbit in our house.  He She is very well loved and has been rescued from beaches, the Grandparents' farm in the dark (needle, haystack anyone...), many shops and an overnight stay in the library even (the only night EVER spent apart).

The rabbit is said to symbolise graciousness, good manners and kindness. Now there's a year I look forward to!

"Bunny" is pictured above protecting one of my favourite Christmas presents - the latest cookbook from Yotam Ottolenghi, Plenty.  It was sent by my brother in London, to whom I had given a voucher to eat in their Islington cafe.  How hungry minds work alike!

It's good to be back and I am really excited about the year ahead.  I know this is going to be a very good year.  I am still entirely in holiday mode so will leave you with a few images of the 2011 Rabbit (aka Bunny) enjoying the fabulous summer we're having.  Happy New Year to you all x.




2 comments:

  1. Reaching out from Rhode Island, USA! What a lovely blog! You really take beautiful photos, and the stories are so interesting to read. I love to see the beauty of your area - funny, I have a friend who just spent the Holidays in NZ - and she's the first person who I have ever known who's been there! She posted her photos on Facebook, and now I have extreme wanderlust and cannot get enough of all things NZ! Thanks for having a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelley. So fab to hear from you from Rhode Island - such a gorgeous place and it must be beautiful in winter. I really do appreciate your kind words and it's made me think that things I look at each day can be interesting when shared! I know I love seeing that type of thing on other people's blogs so thank you. We are having the most wonderful summer here in Auckland so hope your friend caught some of that. Thanks again, Annie x.

    ReplyDelete