Monday, November 22, 2010

I went to a party in the weekend....

...an 8 year old's birthday party in fact, and her house has a slide from the ground/entry level down to the garden below!  Can you imagine how excited I was?  More so than my kids I think - I just kept thinking what I would have made of that when I was 8!




This slide is an external, red, fully enclosed, curly slide but the above gives you an idea (and I couldn't find an image of an external, red, fully enclosed, curly slide attached to a house, anywhere).  Really!

Now this isn't a hippy "let the kids paint all the walls" kind of house, but a sophisticated, modern new build.  The owners have 4 school age children and this is a real family home, albeit a rather beautiful one!  The slide enters off a balcony by the kitchen/dining area and spirals down to the garden.

I just love the whimsy of the playground attached to such a modern home.  It's such a confident thing to do and you should have seen the fun these kids were having.  It is such a perfect reflection of the beautiful family that lives there x.

Image courtesy of Ohdeedoh/Apartment Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment