Monday, November 29, 2010

I love Etsy...

...a little too much in fact, and Christmas is proving to be the perfect excuse to fuel my obsession.  If you haven't visited before, Etsy is a website community, providing a vehicle to people who "make things" to have an online shop and access buyers across the world.  It's vision is to "Buy, Sell and Live Handmade".

I was alerted to a beautiful range of "Ideal Bookshelves" prints by Jane Mount, on the fabulous blog, Kelly Green Interiors, last Friday.  Thank you, as this will shortly be seen hanging in my brother's house sometime after his birthday in December:


Ideal Bookshelf 16



Etsy is so easy to use.  I am here in NZ and contacting Jane, in New York, to send to my brother in London.  I can use my NZ credit card via Pay Pal so all very safe and easy.  Jane contacted me to ask if I would like a card sent and she was so lovely.  I struggle to find gifts that matter, or show thought, online and I can't tell you how great it is buy something handmade, beautiful, so easily and still communicate with the artist.  It opens up a whole new shopping world!

The range of products on Etsy is huge and you can find something quite special at reasonable prices.

This would look gorgeous in a child's bedroom or playroom:


Ideal Bookshelf, 28


Jane will also paint you your very own bookshelf if you like...I like!  Most of the prints are around $20 - $30 US and postage is very reasonable.

With the NZ Dollar at around the $0.75 mark, there will be a lot of Etsy sourced gifts spread across the Loveridge family this year!

Images: both from Jane Mount's Etsy shop (links provided in caption)

No comments:

Post a Comment